Monday, May 12, 2008

Psalm

So many questions, Lord
So many that I dare not ask nor ponder too often for fear that
They will weaken my already fragile faith.

I dare not question how you came to be
Nor why you decided to create us.
I know that our purpose in life is
to know and love you.

Were you lonely Lord,
to have created us for love?
How long were you alone?
Alone in the enormity of nothingness,
the only existing being.

Are you angry when we question Lord?
Perplexed that we must question the kindness we have been shown by you?
Or are you resigned to our questioning nature?

You created us.
I can't understand why you allow us to question your very existence.
Why create out of a need for love
then allow the creation to spurn the creator?
Replace you with an explosion and an evolutionary accident.

It doesn't make sense Lord.
I can't comprehend it.
I can't comprehend you.

How can the created understand the creator?
Can a piece of cheese understand a cow?

So I will leave my questions alone
Confident that YOU know.
Hopeful that one day you will share your secrets
or my questions and doubts will fade
away to nothingness and I will be
satisfied with just knowing and loving you.
As was intended in the beginning.

2 comments:

Sonshine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonshine said...

Wow, you are definitely anointed to write poems. They honestly take my breath away! You are able to really identify with the inner thoughts and struggles of human nature. Thank-you for sharing your precious thoughts with the world. They encourage me deeply - PLEASE keep it up!