Monday, June 23, 2008

Tongues

I believe in my Father.
I believe in His Son, the Saviour of my soul.
Isn't that enough?
I believe and try to follow in His ways,
I read His word,
I try my best to keep His commands,
I try to spread the Good News.
Then how can you say I don't believe?
Just because I don't speak in tongues?
The gift of angelic speech was not bestowed on me.
How can that make my faith unreal?
How dare you say that!
How dare you preach those words!
You don't know me!
We've never spoken to each other.
Have you ever looked into this heart?
Have you seen the depth of my love for the one who set me free?
How can you say such things?
Tongues is but ONE of the gifts bestowed by the Holy Spirit.
It was not intended for all.
That would reduce it's power.
Do all have the gifts of prophecy?
Of healing?
Of miracles?
No!
Just because my gifts are different than yours does not mean my faith is any less.
Do I brag of my gifts?
Do I tell you that you don't believe?
Only the Lord knows the depth of my faith.
Only He may decide who will enter the gates of Heaven
and I don't believe He will be happy about all this.
Does He not clearly command to build UP the faith of others?
Is that what you have been doing?
You stand there with all your earthly authority
and tell us that we don't believe because we have not been granted this gift.
This one gift.
And what use is this gift?
It is a language between the speaker and God.
The rest of us must make do with our mother tongues
our earthly languages.
It is said that unless there is one who can interpret tongues
it should not be used in public gatherings.
There is a reason for this.
To the unsuspecting it is frightening.
The average man off the street would think you're mad.
Would he want to come back?
Would he feel welcome?
He is excluded from this activity.
Think on all this.
This is just my opinion
and mine is not the one that counts.
Let me ask just one thing.
What would Jesus think of all this?
Let me end by saying:
How dare you make me doubt my faith.

No comments: