Thursday, February 28, 2008

We can all learn a lesson from the birds

This one just popped into my head while I was bringing my pet cockatiels in for the night.
For some obscure reason microsoft word has decided to die. I believe it has a lot to do with the fact that I started prac today :(

Little Bird
Little bird,
floating on a breeze.
How free you appear.
What cause have you to worry?

Gracefully coursing the sky,
kissing the clouds,
viewing the world from above.
I envy you, bird.

What concerns have a bird?
Food to eat, a place to sleep.
All else is irrelevant.
I wish I were you.

You have no job,
no stash of money,
no possessions
and yet your songs are full of joy.

I could learn much from you little bird.
How to be free, to be happy
and how to sing of my joy
to make others happy too.

No comments: