Thursday, March 6, 2008

Plight of the Introvert

Plight of the Introvert

Stop pushing!
Don't rush me.
Can't you see I need time to think?
We are not all like you
able to juggle a million thoughts in our heads at once.

Give me time.
Time to think things through;
time to ask questions;
time to finish thinking and begin doing.

I am fragile
though I hide it well.
If I do not finish my thoughts
I do not understand.

You invade my soul.
Storm through like a violent wind
leaving devastation in your path.
all for lack of understanding.

Stop!
Just stop and leave.
Come back after I have finished
and I can tell you what you need to know.
Come back and we will finish this conversation.

2 comments:

Sonshine said...

Thanks Nat, once again you have put to rest my childish notion that, I was on my own! For so long I have struggled with such feelings that have been out to destroy my confidence and pull down any sense of self worth.

It is amazing how we all seem to have similar struggles, yet at times we think we’re the only one. Keep writing down your feelings, they are indeed helping me!!!

Natalie said...

thanks for returning the comfort of knowing I am not alone! It is amazing how we can be surrounded by people and yet feel totally isolated. Just shows we should talk to each other!