Monday, April 7, 2008

You

this is one of my old ones from last year

You

As the stress and panic of this world
make me lose sight of You
I try to remember what is important.
It is not the 'A' on my report card that will light up my elder years.
It is You

As I scramble to meet the expectations
Others have thrust upon me
I try to remember what it is You want of me.
It is not getting the 'very good' box ticked for todays performance
It is loving You

As I weep over crushed desires
and wish things had gone differently
I try to remember what You said
It is not my judgement that I should follow
It is Yours

1 comment:

Sonshine said...

Nat,
how your poems light up my day!
Every time I read one of your poems I see apart of you that I honestly never knew existed before. I have always thought that you were just one of the very few people who weren’t affected by life’s tornting ways; this floating figure who was able to just pass it all by. You have indeed taken a risk in placing your poetry here - as it reveals your deepest thoughts. But Nat, I am so glad that you have shared them with the world. They encourage me daily! Thanks so much for spurring me on. I don’t know if I could handle all of this pressure if I did know that you had already been there before me and pressed through.