Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Plight of the introvert #2

Don’t call me shy!
Shy means I am afraid.
What is there to be afraid of?
I’m certainly not afraid of you.

No I’m not shy,
Just quiet
Why fill up comfortable silence
With meaningless chatter?

Do not label me
Just because I think before I speak.
Many of you could not claim that.
I’m quiet, not shy.

Conversation flows so quickly.
By the time I have thought through
What I want to say,
The conversation has left me behind.

I have tried to be like you.
Spouting the first thing
That springs to mind
And I end up looking the fool.

Listen to what I say,
For it is well thought out.
Not meaningless dribble
Or the stammered, nervous chatter of the shy.

I am an introvert;
Quiet, introspective.
I think far too much,
But I am not shy.

No comments: