Sunday, March 23, 2008

In the depths of my mind

Oh these thoughts!
These horrible, burning thoughts.
swirling through my brain,
contaminating all they touch.
Lord, save me from myself!
They burn! They burn!
Out! Get out of my head!
Out! Out! Leave me in peace.
'Lord!' I weep
I'm sorry Lord! So sorry!
I know they're wrong
these nasty, depressing, delicious, sinful thoughts.
I entertain them for a moment
One single, dreadful, glorious moment,
Then banish them,
Banished forever.
But
The damage is done
All from that one single moment
And I weep.
The guilt
Oh! The guilt!
I know that once again I have failed in my duty.
That duty set by you,
To be pure
Pure and holy.
But I have failed.
Crushed
I lie here crushed.
Stop looking at me Lord.
Leave me here alone.
But no!
Don't abandon me!
Not here
Alone in this darkness I have created.
Oh Lord!
I'm so sorry!
Wash me clean
Nice and clean again.
Heal me of my self-inflicted damage.
Hold my hand as I start again,
Help me guard my thoughts
My traitorous, wandering thoughts.

No comments: